Friday, July 21, 2006

the village

Saturday and Sunday I will be going to 'the village' with the family that I live with. All people i know who in Moldova, both foreigners and westerners, describe this as the quintessentially Moldovan experience.

There is nothing to do in the village except eat fresh fruits and vegetables from the garden, relax, use the non-existent toilet, and drink well water. Thankfully I am recovering from a bit of a fever so I'll be able to NOT drink and drink my own water.

But I am looking forward to this as well as to getting out of the city, even if I will be a stinky mess. It's all about being local.

Also, I had the opportunity to see Zdob si Zdub in concert last night. Let me say, these guys play some of the most original music I've heard in ages. Kind of like if the Beastie Boys were folk musicians and had 5 sisters singing backup folk melodies.

Do download some of their stuff if you're curious, it's worth a whirl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home